Whoohoo!! I am so excited! I participated in this past week’s NaPiBoWriWee and I was blown away by all that I managed to get done. As we all know life is rather hectic. This past week was extra busy. Here is what I managed to get done:
- Coordinated the activity schedules of two kiddos
- Being a mum
- Keeping a home
- Worked on several design client projects
- Prepared and presented a full day school program at a school an hour away to get kids inspired about books, writing and illustrating
- Taught Art Masterpiece to a class of excited third graders
- Cheered at a piano recital
- Celebrating my Dad’s birthday
- Taught Sunday school
- Continued to dummy up one of my PB manuscript
- Tripped over my wonderful speed-bump dog and spraining my ankle which caused me to hobble around for a few days
- Took care of a sick kiddo who was home from school for three days
For NaPiBoWriWee I was able to get three brand new rough picture book drafts written this week. They are indeed rough but I had not even started outlining them before this week began. It’s not the full seven, but it is a lot more than I have been able to get done in the previous weeks. To top it all off, I won VARSHA BAJAJ’S PICTURE BOOK, “HOW MANY KISSES DO YOU WANT TONIGHT?” (illustrated by Ivan Bates, Little, Brown Books, 2004). Talk about adding a delicious icing to the top of a most scrumptious cupcake. Doing the happy dance today!!!
Happy creating to everyone. T.